Google Analytics

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Monday!

Today was a great day!

"Why" do you ask?  Well...
(1) When I woke up it was sunny; (2) I didn't have to work; (3) Ed & I came one step closer to finalizing our April vacation plans (St. Bart's - yay!); (4) I went to Victoria's Secret and they actually had the colors and sizes I was looking for - which never happens - which led me to buying 9 new pairs of panties (double yay!); (5)  I went to Anthropologie to try on a blouse I've been lusting after...and it fit exactly like I imagined it would...and is now hanging in my closet; (6) For the first time in months I was able to shop at Sephora in the daylight, which is a good thing when you're buying makeup, even though I usually end up putting it on in the dark; (7) Ed made me chicken sukiyaki for dinner (yumm) even though he made himself steak (blech)

I got a couple products at Sephora that, according to the website, have a cult following.  Once I test them out for a couple days, I'll let you know what I think of said "cult".

Tarte Flush Cheek Stain

Christian DiorShow Mascara


My lovely anthropologie purchases (I now realize I've purchased 4 blue shirts in a row...I need to cut myself off)
Thick and Thin Blouse

On the Veranda Shell

Winding Road Tank

And last but not least, the chicken sukiyaki:


I think the broth - which was slightly smoky, salty, and full of mushroom flavor - made the dish.  Ed thinks it wouldn't have been the same without "dashi" - a fish flavored powder he scrounged up at Metropolitan Market.

If you're interested, check out the recipe at: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chicken-sukiyaki



No comments:

Post a Comment