Google Analytics

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ah Amaretto!

We have a LOT of Amaretto in the house.

And  by a LOT I mean two bottles, both gifted to us by dinner/cocktail party guests (well, the same guest but at two separate events...probably a year + apart).

The problem is, both Ed and I have no idea to do with the stuff.  Everyone tells us its great over ice as after dinner drink, but by that point in the night I've usually polished off a half a bottle of wine, and one more drink may push me into "drinking problem" (people whisper w/eyebrows raised) territory.

Therefore, I am open to Amaretto drink suggestions.

Last week, Ed came up w/a drink that kinda' tastes like Dr. Pepper - over ice, pour Amaretto, soda water, a splash of vodka, and 1 tablespoon of lime (to taste).  Delicious.

On an unrelated note, last week I tried out a chicken sausage, sweet onion, and fennel pizza recipe I found in Cooking Light.  It definitely wasn't the best pizza I ever ate (or made for that matter), but it sure was tasty, packed w/nutrients, and practically guilt free!

Check out the recipe: 
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1963973

2 comments:

  1. Quite a few typos, you must'a been sloshed when you were a blogin'.

    Knowing how much you like to sew, I'm hoping your pizza was also quilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm just a really bad speller ;)

    ReplyDelete