Google Analytics

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Granola" Bars ;)

My stepdaughter, Natalie, inspired me to try my hand at making homemade granola bars after I told her about my recent addiction to Zone bars, to which she replied, "Do you even know what they put in those things?"

Hmmm...I think I glanced at the ingredients at some point in time, and I know there must be some sort of additive to ramp up the protein content...but who really knows.  All I know is that they satisfy my 10AM cravings and I feel like I'm eating a candy bar.

Well - Nat suggested I try my hand at making my own granola bars and last night I did.  I must admit I cheated a little and picked a recipe that is more on the rice krispy treat side of the granola bar spectrum - but hey, at 143 calories each I don't feel that guilty.

Check out the recipe for Cranberry Crisp Bars here


1 comment: