Google Analytics

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Great Outdoors



Seattle finally had a warm (78 degrees) and sunny Saturday, so Ed and I hopped in the car and headed over the mountain to Roslyn, WA

The town is tiny, picturesque, and brews a great beer (Roslyn Brewing Company).  People wave, smile, and make small talk with you.  Sigh.  I love small towns.

After eating lunch at the Roslyn Cafe we headed out to the Wenatchee National Forest for an easy hike on the Hyas Lake trail.  After getting a little bit lost and a VERY bumpy ride on FS4330, we finally hit the trail head.  (Note: if you don't have an SUV/truck don't even try to get to the trail head.  At two points we actually had to drive through rushing water.  At one crossing I waded out to the middle to make sure the current wouldn't sweep the car away.  brrrrrrr)

I really don't know why it didn't occur to Ed and I that the trail may be a bit snowy/wet, seeing as how we had a pretty cold/wet spring - but it didn't.  Hiking in the snow in 78 degree weather and hopping over run-off streams (or walking across on fallen logs) made it quite a fun adventure.  I love the great outdoors.



No comments:

Post a Comment