Google Analytics

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blueberry Mania!



I LOVE having a friend who is just as crafty and obsessive, or even more so, than I am.

Yes, my buddy and Fellow blogger Leigh convinced me it's way cooler if you can say you actually harvested the fruit in your jam.  So - on Saturday we headed up to Arlington with her hubby and kids (otherwise known as Leigh's free laborers) and spent a couple hours picking blueberries.

Our Haul (6 lbs for me 7lbs for Leigh): 












What those berries have become:


(note: I used low fat cream cheese, for the topping I used: 2 c blueberries, 1/2 c sugar, 
1 1/2 tbl cornstarch,1/4 tsp lemon peel, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 
1/2 c water, 1 tbl lemon juice, bring dry ingredients to a boil and add berries/lemon juice)


Blueberry Jam
(9c crushed berries and 6c sugar.  Bring up to a slow boil
and cook to the gelling point.  Made 10 1/2 pint jars)


No comments:

Post a Comment