Google Analytics

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Food: Grilled Peppers and Lentil Salad & Ladopsomo Bread

Yes - yes - I realize my blog posts of late have been dominated by food (I "heart" food), and I swear I'll rectify that situation sometime next week.

But, for now, I have yet another food post (yipee!).  This time: Grilled Peppers and Lentil Salad

I didn't have any tomatoes, nor did I have "fennel pollen" (whatever that is), but that didn't stop me.

And - I think the salad turned out perfectly well minus the tomatoes and with a dash of fennel salt.

If you want an easy to pack lunch salad with tons of fiber and protein (but no meat), this is the recipe for you.





P.S.  I just realized I also took a pic of the Ladopsomo Bread (light, fluffy, Greek fry-bread) I ate the salad with.  Ed made it for the Greek Salad Sandwiches we had the night before.  

If you know Ed - you also already realize making the bread was somewhat complicated and took forever (4+ hrs...we didn't eat dinner until 9:30PM).  You also probably know it was utterly delicious.  If you make it with whole wheat flour, as he did, you won't feel as guilty indulging...

No comments:

Post a Comment