Google Analytics

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Detox Day 3



The Goop detox diet has been surprisingly easy so far (yes - Mo, Ed, and I are still "master of our domains" - in the detox sense), but I'm expecting to hit a wall and have uncontrollable ice cream cravings any minute now.

Or maybe coffee cravings.  Mmmm...coffee...wine...mmmmm

Sigh.

I switched up yesterday's menu a bit - and had the miso soup for lunch instead of the teriyaki chicken, pumpkin/almond seeds for a snack, and then made Raw Sweet Corn and Cashew Chowder for dinner (pic above).  It was quick and easy to make (all you need to do is chop a tiny bit and blend).

Tonight we're having the steamed salmon instead of miso soup for dinner (the hubby needs some protein, miso soup can wait until tomorrow).

I'm still not sure if I feel any physical benefit from the detox (I've actually been really tired, probably from the low calories), but mentally - I feel great about going three days without sugary treats, coffee, and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment