Google Analytics

Friday, October 8, 2010

Spicy Shrimp Noodle Bowl




When you're from Guam, like me, you tend to put hot sauce on just about everything - but now that I'm a sage old woman I realize sometimes too much spice is not a good thing.

Well, I at least realized it after I doused my Spicy Shrimp Noodle Bowl (blurry iPhone pic above) with sriracha and then took a bite.  It definitely would have been spicy enough without the extra topping.

The broth of this soup is amazingly flavorful thanks to clam juice and an early addition of shrimp tails, which you later strain out. The rice noodles add a filling slurpiness, and you feel like you're getting your veggies from the snap peas.

Don't be intimidated by the seemingly long list of ingredients and steps for a supposedly 30 minute weeknight meal - even with an added step of peeling shrimp, the recipe only took me 45 minutes from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment