Google Analytics

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dolphin, Half-moon, Bridge, Warrior I/II (A Hot Yoga Update)

Sage Twist Pant - "just in" at Lululemon

I've stuck with hot yoga (at the Urban Yoga Spa on 3rd & Stewart) for 2+ months, which is a miracle for me since I have a short attention span, and I still LOVE it!

My body is slowly but surely becoming a tighter, more flexible, sleeker version of its old self.  I haven't lost tons of weight, but I feel strong and light thanks to 2-3 day a week hour long sweat sessions.

Hot Power Yoga definitely isn't for everyone though.  The room is 95 degrees and humid, you're quickly flowing from one challenging pose to another, and sometimes you're working so hard your heart races and you struggle to catch your breath.

My friend Leigh sent me an article re: the controversy surrounding hot yoga.  Check it out (here) and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment