Google Analytics

Friday, September 24, 2010

Individual Huckleberry Crumbles



I honestly don't know if my creation (pictured above) should be categorized as a crumble, crisp, or cobbler.

All I know is that we had a can of whip cream languishing in the fridge and needed something to put it on, so I let my culinary juices flow.

To make 2 crumbles - I used about a cup canned huckleberries (also used in the recipe here), a crumb mixture sprinkled on the bottom of the cup and on top of the berries (2tbl flour, 1tbl oats, 2tbl butter, 1/4 c brown sugar, combined), and then baked  in the toaster oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until lightly browned on the top.

I felt like I was making an Easy Bake Oven creation!

I imagine it's okay to use fresh or frozen berries in this recipe, but if you do - you may want to (1) defrost and drain the frozen berries, (2) add a little sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment