Google Analytics

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Emerson Made & the Shopping Diet

I've been salivating over the Spring releases from Emerson Made and if I wasn't going on a darn shopping diet (more on this below) I'd be tempted to scoop a couple items asap.

Some of my favs:









Sigh.  Lust.


Anyhoo, on this self imposed shopping diet (mentioned above, a light version of the one my friend Leigh did) I am not allowed to:

Purchase any apparel, shoe, or accessory for myself for one month (Feb 1 - 28).  Conveniently I picked the shortest month of the year.  Also a month when I'm going to be out of the country for 1 wk +.


But I am allowed to (this is a psychological ploy - so I won't feel so restricted):

Spend money on personal care (haircuts, pedicures, massages, beauty products)

Purchase entertainment items (e.g.  books on my kindle)

Buy gifts for others


Plan:

Unsubscribe to superfluous retail email lists

Stop browsing shopping websites

Clean out/re-org closet



If I'm desperate:

I have to go to a physical store to buy the item (which possibly may even mean paying full price, gasp!)

6 comments:

  1. you are a cheater. :)
    give up everything, but just do it for a week like i did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - I can't do that Leigh. It'd be too hard. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Calina this is a great idea kind of like lent. Maybe I can give up shopping too for a month. I am going to think about the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, yep - lent for shoppers.

    Let the cleansing/purging begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing well too! No cheating yet - although I've been tempted!

    ReplyDelete