Google Analytics

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tofu Banh Mi

Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr

On Saturday Ed and I went to Lam's Seafood Market in the International District, and while Ed perused the seafood (some of which I had never seen before) I went a little bit crazy in their grocery aisles.

I mean - who can resist $1 rice noodles and $2 pressed tofu!  They had TAMARIND PODS for goodness sake!  Exciting! (well - for me)

Needless to say - we're going to be eating Asian food all week.

Last night I made yummy Tofu Banh Mi sandwiches (pictured above - hopefully Cooking Light doesn't sue me for using their photo - I forgot to take one of my own).

I used already pressed tofu, which saved me 30 minutes of waiting, and put chili-garlic sauce on the bread to give it a little extra kick.  Helpful tip: watch your broiling bread like a HAWK.  Mine got a little black around the edges in only a minute.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that photo looked suspiciously perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a candidate to add to our dinner repertoire.

    ReplyDelete