Google Analytics

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kid Food?!

Bread Crumb Pasta (recipe below)


I must admit, I hardly ever make meals for anyone under the legal drinking age - so when it comes to cooking for kids (+ their parents) I get a little perturbed - especially since my own mother wasn't the best cook in the world (sorry for calling you out Mom, I loved the Kraft Mac & Cheese, hot-dogs, and can corn...and it only took me 20yrs to get over my aversion to curry, tomato juice, and dark meat chicken, lol).

It took me a couple weeks to come up with an appropriate menu for my sis & her family, but what I managed to come up with went over pretty well (I even snuck anchovies into the pasta, and no one tossed their cookies).

On the menu (this was over a couple of days):

mac & cheese (recipe here)
 Note: I took out the mustard powder & hot sauce and it still tasted delic!


Chicken Wings
(tossed with garlic powder, salt, pepper, & olive oil and then baked at 365 for 1hr - I basted with a chipotle honey bbq sauce 55 minutes in)


Simple Green Salad w/Honey Garlic Vinaigrette
Note: I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil.  Also - you can cut the recipe in half and will still have enough dressing for a large salad.


Bread Crumb Pasta (pictured above)
(from The Food of Southern Italy, Carlo Middione, 1987)

Not pictured:  Chicken Katsu (+ red rice, courtesy of my sis)






No comments:

Post a Comment