Google Analytics

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are pricey towels worth the $$$?

As I mentioned on my FB page yesterday, my husband has an eagle eye.  You can't hide anything from him (e.g. when the cat knocked over a vase and warped our hardwood, the gouge I made in the hallway wall, when I accidentally spray painted our balcony window, etc).

So - of course he was going to notice that I had been systematically emptying our linen closet of towels and packing them away for a 2nd life in our Montana cabin.  Which meant, I needed to replace them sooner rather than later.

Luckily, Macy's is having a 4th of July sale.  These were the contenders:






After much deliberation and a nudge from the sales associate, I ended up taking the plunge and going with the Hotel Collection towels.  They're super-soft, get great reviews, and the words "hotel collection" make them seem luxurious (darn clever marketing ploy).

However - dropping all that dough on towels made me question if pricey towels truly are worth the $$$.  What do you think?  Would the towels below be just as nice as the expensive ones?


Mainstay Essentials in Gray (Walmart)

3 comments:

  1. Definitely worth it. Like bedding, you shouldn't go cheap on towels. You skin will know the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i love my charter club towels, even if they are shamefully $2 less than the hotel collection. although, that mercury color is really nice.
    i might have to check out the sale, too, seeing as how i have another bathroom to spiff up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Ralph Lauren set that was my favorite. Used it for a good 10+ years, and it's still around, but now reserved for my dog.
    I do have a luxury bath towel from the Hotel Collection and I have to say, as plush and soft as it is, it's not quite as absorbent. But would agree that dropping a little more dough (if you are able to) on a good set of towels can be a good investment.

    ReplyDelete