Google Analytics

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ah - Saturdays!

After procuring a double-boiler on the cheap from Bed, Bath, and Beyond (20% off the discounted display model, so about $10) - I proceeded to engage in my new favorite craft: making candles!

The soy wax was easy to melt and I already had most of the tools I needed (pyrex measuring cup, candy thermometer, silicone spatula). I picked up the containers from brambleberry.com, Ross, and the sale section at Anthropologie.
cinnamon roll scented candles



gingerbread and vanilla sugar


While Ed was making dinner (lentil soup with smoked game hen), I got motivated to wrap my little soaps (the wine helped). They turned out great!

Def. a good Christmas Gift for co-workers


finished product in its storage jar


The yummy lentil soup w/smoked game hen and a pinot
 


No comments:

Post a Comment