Google Analytics

Monday, November 9, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Last night my husband, in an off-hand sort of way, suggested I start a blog about all my various projects.  I'm not sure if he was just trying to divert my attention, since I probably made him smell my gingerbread cream-cheese frosting cupcake soaps a billion times (all the while asking for his comments on the way the brown mica in the soap shimmered in the sunlight) or if he was actually serious.  Anyway - once an idea takes hold there's no stopping me.

To catch you up:  I spent my Sunday morning making cupcake soaps.  Lis, my best friend, donated her old hand mixer to my cause - so I could make lovely/fluffy soap cream cheese frosting (yummm...if only it was edible).  In the end I had left over frosting, so I rolled it into a blob that ended up looking like ice cream.  The sprinkles on the top are jojoba beads...cute and moisturizing.

The soaps drying on the counter



Soap blob and extra gingerbread soap made into cubes



Finished product (got the jar at Ross, 3 for $6)



No comments:

Post a Comment