Google Analytics

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yesterday I actually braved the “Black Friday” crowds and hit up JoAnn’s and Target.
At JoAnn’s - I stocked up on ceramic ornaments ($0.30/each) and paint for tomorrow’s decorating session with the grandkids (speaking of which – I better start baking sugar cookies for them…I don’t want them to think I’m a super-stale grandma). Got a couple gifts and an armload of clothing for my nephew at Target…I swear, sometimes I feel like I’m single handedly supporting the economy ;)
I also got busy making candles and soap (yay). The chipotle-caramel and sandalwood-vanilla massage oil candles turned out great – and I have a feeling they’ll be super moisturizing since they’re packed with avocado oil, coco butter, and shea butter. I also made orange blossom, gingerbread, and cinnamon bun soy candles. I have a gingerbread candle burning right now, and it smells wonderful.

Inspired by my coworker, Leigh, this morning I decided to make a chipotle-caramel, cream cheese frosting, and gingersnap layer soap. Its packed with shea butter and olive oil and smells good enough to eat. Its about three pounds, and I’ll def get at least 12 nice sized slices out of it. Can’t wait to make some labels!!

The soap loaf



gingerbread candle



candles galore






1 comment:

  1. your soap loaf is beautiful. what did you use to cut it?

    ReplyDelete