Google Analytics

Monday, November 9, 2009

Ed's "craft"

My dear husband was recently in Singapore and Australia for two weeks on business - and boy did I have a "food" reality check.

When Ed is home I'm the typical Seattle foodie, dining daily on gourmet dishes prepared by our in home chef (Ed - cooking helps him harness his chi after work and is his creative outlet on the weekends) and intermittently indulging in the newest restaurant offerings from our local culinary superstars.

When Ed is not home I eat crackers.  Literally.  For two weeks I ate crackers and cheese, crackers and turkey, crackers and salmon...Lis came over a couple of times while he was away...and I fed HER crackers.

I justified my college-esque diet by telling myself, "You're too BUSY to eat.  There's too much crafting, and too little time."  In actuality - I'm just a lazy bum.

Anyway - Ed is back and my taste buds and appetite have come alive again.  Last night he made wild rice salad with artichoke hearts, olives, and sundried tomato (vegan for Natalie), along with chicken breast with a mushroom and tomato wine sauce.  Tonight he made brussel sprouts with anchovies, red pepper flakes, and capers.  Delicious.

The Brussel Sprouts...soooo delic


No comments:

Post a Comment