Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Organizing the pantry

After (so pretty!)

Organizing my closet (post here) put me on a little kick, so this past weekend I decided to pick up an Oxo Good Grips Food Storage Kit (I had a 20% off coupon) and get to work on the pantry.

I was able to put a pretty big dent in our pasta and dry goods with the 10 pieces in the set, but I definitely need to buy more.  I have a feeling I'm going to have a new obsession. 

note: I made sure to label each item

Before (embarrassing)

8 comments:

  1. Hmm... your 'Before' pic looks a lot like my pantry! Maybe I should get to organizing! ;)
    Nice work on the Oxo containers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing your dried goods are sealed shut. We experienced an infestation because some beans were exposed and they were ridden with these tiny bugs. Now my pantry looks kind of like yours in the after shot. Nice work! Love the containers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a pantry that looks like the before pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Karen - we didn't have our beans sealed before! Just the thought of little bugs invading our pantry gives me goose bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've learned my lesson. We still see the bugs, but very few now. They are slowly dying. pesky little bugs. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool Calina! "We experienced an infestation because some beans were exposed and they were ridden with these tiny bugs." - Using plastic containers is really advisable these days.

    professional organizer nyc

    ReplyDelete