Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spinach-Arugula Frittata


Eggs are one of my favorite things to eat - for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (especially if they come from my co-worker Mike's farm).

The scrumptious Spinach-Arugula Frittata pictured above makes a fantastic weeknight dinner since it has few ingredients and minimal chopping, which means you can whip it up in 30 minutes or less (woo-hoo!).

And - no need to fret over calories or flavor.  Egg whites keep the frittata nice and light, and peppers give it just the right a kick.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this out. Looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is probably a dumb question...but I'm sure you would understand since you know my cooking skills are comparable to that of a kindergartner - What's the difference between a frittata and an omelet? :) That frittata looks yummy and something I could probably make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ria - it's not a dumb question :)

    I think the difference is...an omelet has all the ingredients nestled inside the eggs (which basically act as a pocket), whereas in a fritata the ingredients are mixed in with the egg and the eggs are not folded over (just flat - you cut in wedges like a quiche)

    ReplyDelete