Google Analytics

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ah - Saturdays!

Since yesterday was a bit chilly and gray,  Ed and I tossed aside any make-believe plans for outdoor activities and instead did a bit of culinary indulging ("what diet?").

First stop was Txori, a Spanish "pinxos" (which basically is a bite-sized portion of deliciousness) place on 2nd & Blanchard in Belltown.  I forgot my iphone, but managed to convince Ed to snap a couple photos for me (I think he took pity on me after I spilled a half glass of cava in my lap while chatting w/the head chef...embarassing but typical).

Txori's delcious tuna



Pork Belly (Ed's fav)


Earlier in the day, Ed had picked up a couple chicken breasts from Fero's, located in Pike's Place Market, which he later seasoned w/salt and pepper, pan seared on the stove top, and then finished off in the oven (until the internal temp reached 350).  He served the deliciously moist chicken on top of pureed parsnips, w/a side of rapini.  Triple-yumm....



I was inspired to dig out some frozen peaches from the fridge, left-over from jam making last summer, to whip up a "healthy" dessert.  Ed was skeptical, especially since I just made up the recipe as I went, but the end product was delicious and didn't induce a sense of guilt from over-indulgence.



   

My Healthy Peach Crisp Recipe

filling:
4 peaches - pitted, skinned and sliced
3-4 tablespoons white sugar (to taste)

topping:

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar


Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Stir together peaches and sugar, set aside.

Mix together the topping ingrediants until crumbs the size of small peas form (using a pastry cutter can speed this process along).

Pour the peach/sugar mixture into a 9x9 backing dish.  Top with the crumble mixture.  Bake for 40 - 50 min.



Leftovers make a great breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment